We all know that you meet great people and wonderful dogs at the dog park, but what are the reasons to take your best friend? Below are five advantages of taking your dog to the dog park.
- Socialization: Dogs are social beings, they want to discover new things and be around other dogs just like you. These experiences also help guard against the development of fears and aggression against other dogs.
- Play time: Not just for them but for you. You know you enjoy watching dogs run and play!
- Physical along with mental exercise: Not only does your dog get a grey workout getting their heartbeat up running, but all of the new smells and scenery work your dog’s brain. Dogs were born to lead active lives and this helps them be active.
- Educational opportunities: It’s a good opportunity for you to learn about your dog through observation and to learn from others who have well behaved dogs and what they are doing.
- Community: The dog park is a great place for you to meet your neighbors and get to know about what is going on in the community.