5 New Year’s Resolutions for You and Your Dog0
The new year is upon us and it’s time to make those annual changes that we always strive to make, the resolutions. This year, why not make it a little more fun and invite someone to join you? You know you always do better when you the motivation of another person! So this year, instead of going at it alone, bring along your best friend, I know they won’t let you down. Here’s some New Year’s resolutions for you and your dog to try:
- Loose a little weight. As the saying goes, if you have a fat dog, then you’re not getting enough exercise. You know your dog would go for a walk if you just asked. Take that walk around the block or a few miles, your choice.
- Watch your calories and stop munching. Just like you, your dog’s diet most likely isn’t the best in the world. It’s not their fault, they just eat what you put down. Look for foods for both of you that don’t have a ton of preservatives or additives in them. The fresher the better. And watch that portion control.
- Make new friends. If you have a social dog, get them out to the dog park to interact with others. Who knows, you may meet a few new friends too.
- Pamper yourself and dog a little. Enjoy life! Make yourself a spa appointment and get that massage you’ve been wanting. While you’re at it, get a spa day for your best friend too. Make an appointment at the dog groomer. Although they may act like the don’t like baths, a clean dog is a happy dog. When they are matted it can be uncomfortable and unhealthy for them.
- Learn some new tricks. Both you and your dog can benefit from dog training. It strengthens the bond and cuts down on the frustration.
Happy New Year from all of us at DogGeek.com!