Listed in Kentucky Dog Parks
- Mayfield Ave, Fort Thomas, KY 41075, USA
Opened on May 1, 2004, the dog park is located in Highland Hills Park.
Dog Park Rules
- Hours of operation: sunrise to sunset.
- Any person entering the “Dog Park” acknowledges the risks and dangers inherent with dog parks and assumes the risk of injury to themselves and their dogs.
- The “Dog Park” is for use of dogs and handlers only. No other animals are permitted.
- County dog licenses are required. Dogs should also wear an owner identification tag.
- Dogs must be four (4) months of age and current with all vaccinations. Dogs in heat or with illnesses are not permitted.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in the “Dog Park” unless accompanied by an adult. Running should be avoided because it can elicit the chase response.
- Dog handlers must be inside the “Dog Park”, within view of their dogs, and have access to a leash. City leash laws must be obeyed immediately outside the “Dog Park”. City ordinance # 01888.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted and must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- Dog handlers are responsible for pick-up, sealing and disposal of waste in the designated containers. City ordinance #0698.
- Small treats are permitted. Food in bowls, long lasting chews, and glass containers are not permitted.
- Dog handlers are not permitted to eat inside the “Dog Park”.
- Dog handlers must fill any holes created by their dogs.
- The “Dog Park” is closed when Park personnel are conducting maintenance.
- Violation of rules may result in a ticket and/or loss of privileges for use of the “Dog Park