Listed in Tennessee Dog Parks
- 1540 W College St, Murfreesboro, TN 37129, USA
The social center for Murfreesboro’s favorite canine citizens. Featuring separate areas for large and small breeds, the dog park gives dogs a safe place to run and play. Water is available during the warm weather season. Throughout the year, special events are held at this popular park.
- Allows dogs to exercise and socialize safely. Puppies and adult dogs need room to run, and enclosed play areas permit them to do so while preventing them from endangering themselves and others. In addition, dogs who are accustomed to playing with animals and people other than their owners are more likely to be well-socialized and react well toward strangers.
- Promotes responsible dog ownership. Dog parks prevent off-leash animals from infringing on the rights of other community residents and park users such as joggers, small children, and those who may be fearful of dogs.
- Provides an outlet for dog owners to socialize. Dog parks are a great place for owners to meet other people with common interests. The love people share for their dogs reaches beyond economic and social barriers and helps to foster a sense of community.
- Makes for a better community by promoting health and safety. Well-exercised dogs are better neighbors who are less likely to create a nuisance, bark excessively and destroy property. Additionally, if dog owners have access to a dog park, they will be more likely to comply voluntarily with leash laws in other parks and in the community.
- Provides an accessible area for dog owners who are elderly or have limited mobility. Those who would otherwise be unable to provide adequate exercise to a companion dog may experience the physical and mental health benefits of pet ownership.