5 Non-Fireworks Tips for a Safe 4th0
As everyone knows, fireworks scare most dogs. But as we celebrate our independence, keep in mind these other safety tips to ensure you best friend has a great 4th too!
- It’s hot out and you may have friends over. Make sure that fresh water and access to shade/indoors is always available so that Fido can escape the crowd and cool off.
- Keep those cold cocktails and beer on high ground. When a crowd is around drinks often end up in low places that the pups can reach.
- Watch the food and deserts. That card table may not be tall enough or sturdy enough to keep the hot dogs away from the dogs. Cakes and chocolate are dangerous so keep everything on high ground.
- Keep a lid on it. Ensure all of your trashcans have lids so that no one goes dumpster diving and bringing out embarrassing gifts.
- Remember these summer foods that are poisonous to dogs:
Have a safe 4th from everyone at DogGeek.com!