Spring Safety Tips for Your DogComments Off on Spring Safety Tips for Your Dog
- Make sure your vacuum is cleaned. Flea larvae that can live in carpets and furniture can get sucked up in your into your vacuum and can hatch. Make sure that you empty your vacuum often. Bagless vacuum cleaners are great to ensure that flea larvae do not hatch.
- Find organic/chemical free ways to rid your yard of fleas and other pests.
- Get your dog groomed as to not get matted as easily. Find a dog groomer.
- Keep dog beds clean as to not let any larvae hatch.
- Everyone likes to get outside and run in the spring, remember to ensure that your dog’s tags are readable and up-to-date in case he gets out.
- Be mindful of chemicals used to keep yards up during the summer which can be harmful to pets. Some fertilizers can be highly toxic.
- Roads and the sides of roads can still have salt residue, make sure to wash your dog’s paws after a walk.
Have fun playing outside this spring with your dog(s)!