10 Dangerous Foods for Pets Served on Game Day1
Everyone wants the best for their dog’s health. Keep these 16 foods away from them to help keep them safe.
- Alcohol – Dog’s bodies are not made to break down alcohol like a human’s body. Although you’re getting those sad puppy eyes from your dog, they don’t need a drink of beer!
- Chocolate – Chocolate can caue seziures, comas and even death. The darker the chocolate, the more concentrated it is and the more dangerous it becomes. An ounce of chocolate can poison a 30 lb dog. And we all know that chocolate is a go-to food for football ;-)
- Caffeine – Caffeine contains a substance called methylxanthines that can cause vomiting, diarrhea, panding, excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity and death. So keep the Red Bull’s out of reach!
- Onions – They destroy a dog’s red blood cells and can cause anemia, weakness and breathing difficulty.
- Garlic – Large amounts can cause the same issues as onions. This means garlic pizza too!
- Bread Dough/Raw Yeast – When ingested, the unbaked bread dough expands and can cause bloat. It can also cause alcohol poisoning and gas.
- Guacamole, Avocados and Pitted Fruits (ie Peache, Pears, etc…) – The pits are toxic to dogs. They can cause difficulty breathing, fluid accumulation in the chest, abdomen, heart or pancreatitis.
- Macadamia Nuts – Can cause weakness, muscle and nervous-system issues and paralysis.
- Walnuts – Especially English Walnuts, can cause gastric intestinal upset and can cause obstruction in your dog’s body.
- Nuts – While most nuts are not poisonous to dogs, they can cause a very upset stomach as their bodies can not easily digest them.
Keep your dog healthy and call the emergency vet if needed.
I think that the most dangerous one on the list is chocolate.. Because of how many misinformation is out there.
So many pet parents aren’t aware of the dangers lurking behind the sweet brown candy but there are. Thank you for writing this list, I am sure many pet parents will learn something new from it.