5 Pet Safety Tips for St. Patrick’s DayComments Off on 5 Pet Safety Tips for St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day, the day when the whole world become’s Irish for one day. While drinking green beer is fun, please remember these tips to ensure that your best friend has a great day too!
- Green beer and green cocktails are great, until the next day, but they are never great for your dog. Dogs do not absorb alcohol the same way people do and it is very toxic to them so leave the libations to you and your people friends.
- Having friends over can be fun for your pets too, but sometimes it’s a littl overwhelming. Make sure your dog has a safe place to go if they want to get away.
- Keep all food on high ground. The temptation can get too much when snacks are in reach and they smell so good. Be sure to feed your pup before company comes also to ensure that they can eat.
- Ensure ID tags are on and readable.With people coming and going during parties your dog or other pets may get out. Make sure they get home safe with proper ID tags, microchips if you can.
- Everybody loves decorations and four leaf clvoers, but make sure they are not choking hazards for the dog or that they are also up on high ground with the food.
Have a safe and happy Saint Patrick’s Day from our family at DogGeek.com to yours.