Hot Weather Tips for DogsComments Off on Hot Weather Tips for Dogs
When temperatures rise so do the dangers for your dogs. Follow these hot weather safety tips to ensure your best friend has a great summer.
- Never, ever leave your dog in a parked car when it’s over 60 degrees. When it’s 72 outside, a car’s temperature can jump to 116 even with the windows cracked.
- Always have pleanty of fresh, clean water accessible.
- Ensure that there is shade to cool of under if your dog is outside for an extended amount of time.
- If you run or job with your dog make sure to take frequent breaks. Also remember that asphalt and concret get hot quickly and can burn the pads on dog’s feet.
- When the weather is dangerously hot remember to keep your dog inside.
- Remember to give flea, tick and heartworm prevention medication as the warm months are prime time to spread each.
Remember most of all that summer is a time to enjoy so make sure you enjoy with your best friend.