Hot Weather Tips for Dogs0
When temperatures rise so do the dangers for your dogs. Follow these hot weather safety tips to ensure your best friend has a great summer.
- Never, ever leave your dog in a parked car when it’s over 60 degrees. When it’s 72 outside, a car’s temperature can jump to 116 even with the windows cracked.
- Always have pleanty of fresh, clean water accessible.
- Ensure that there is shade to cool of under if your dog is outside for an extended amount of time.
- If you run or job with your dog make sure to take frequent breaks. Also remember that asphalt and concret get hot quickly and can burn the pads on dog’s feet.
- When the weather is dangerously hot remember to keep your dog inside.
- Remember to give flea, tick and heartworm prevention medication as the warm months are prime time to spread each.
Remember most of all that summer is a time to enjoy so make sure you enjoy with your best friend.